Episode 28, A Weekly Gaming News Show
Show Notes: December 26, 2016
Site - http://aweeklygamingnewsshow.libsyn.com/podcast
Twitter - @AWGamingNS
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AWGNS/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBAbdtuHKA5SLPQ85optUFQ
Download our show on iTunes, Google Play, Tune-In Radio or in your favorite podcasting app.
Weekly Icebreaker - What is your go to console and why?
Todd - Xbox 1 is the goto because most of friends are on XBL and it is the most versatile, IMO.
Trenell - Xbox 1 since most friends are on XBL and preference of achievements over trophies.
Top 5 News Stories
- SFV update adds Akuma, interesting ragequit shaming
- January Games with Gold games announced
- Pokemon GO! Apple Watch app released
- Porsche to end EA exclusivity deal
- Valve ordered to pay $3 million (AUS) for violating consumer laws
Long Form Discussion - As the year ends, we take a look at the console wars in 2016.
Microsoft releases the Xbox One S announced Project Scorpio
- The release of the XB1S spurred a 3 month sales winning streak in NA
- Released two major exclusive IPs, GeOW4 and Forza Horizon 3
- Has had a steady strong stream of free games with Games for Gold
- Not much info on Project Scorpio - Assumptions and rumors to this point
Sony redesigns the PS4 and releases PSVR and PS4 Pro
- Strong first party/exclusive performance all year
- Outsold XB1 most of the year, by a reported 2-1 margin
- Regained sales momentum entering holiday season
- Released PSVR to mixed reviews - most negative reviews point to the lack of killer app/software innovation
- Released first 4K home console along with >15 compatible titles
Nintendo struggled with the Wii-U and bounced its successor in the Nintendo Switch
- Non-existent sales all year, capped off by novelty system outselling Wii-U
- Announced successor to Wii-U, Nintendo Switch
- Announced new Zelda game